While I was waiting on some stain to dry on a bed frame I was building, I glanced over and noticed I had a pretty good amount of leftover wood. I glanced down at Packets who was sleeping in his bed and the wheels started turning. I had more than enough extra wood to make a miniature version of my bed. I figured “ehh why not”
- 2×6 @ 22in X 2
- 2×6 @ 14in X 2
- 1×3 @ 26in X 2
- 1×3 @ 11&3/8 X 1
- 1×3 @ 22in X 2
- 1×3 @ 11&1/4 X 6
- 1×2 @ random widths that equal width of the bed
I made sure everything was square. Also, I put the ugly sides of the wood down and on the inside.
I put the top on with some glue and staples from a pneumatic staple gun. I figured that with glue and staples, a 3lb yorkie probably can’t knock it loose. I apologize for the poor quality photo, I wasn’t paying attention.
This is after filling in staples with filler and sanding with 80/220. I rubbed on some stain and let it dry.
Next, a test fit with Packets to make sure the bed would work. It is a standard pillow with a grey pillow case. You can see my bed in the background getting a coat of poly.
I took the scraps of the slates from my bed and stapled them to a piece of 1×3 running along the long side of the bed.
I used the same technique as the the one used on my bed. Some spare 1x2s and 1x3s were cut up to mimic the appearance of my bed. This is the front.
Here is the headboard and bed screwed together with a coat of satin poly drying.
Packets checking out his new bed.